Thursday, February 24, 2011

On A Mission

My husband used to read Calvin and Hobbes. Now our 10 year old son is enjoying his Dad's old copies of the books. Every day Declan and I walk the two blocks to his elementary school. One morning we began ad libing a whole senario where he was an astronaut and I was mission control. We "radioed" back and forth about what gear he was to take with him. What his mission was. Whether or not he was to engage any hostile life forms he encountered. Where we were to meet to pick him up. It was really fun. Just one of those spontaneous, silly moments we so often share.

I love being a Mom! I love sharing special moments with our children. I love teaching them every day as we walk through life together. It is such a blessing (and a huge responsibility) to teach them and point them to Jesus.

I'm praying in each moment I remember what my mission is. That I've got my necessary gear and it's in proper working order. That God will give me grace to glorify Him in every encounter with my family and this world.

Roger. Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment